The Day(s) After

So let’s see…how did I celebrate my GH final placement? I got sicker than a dog. Yup, lucky me. Just before I got the call I was starting to feel rather ill, and was hit full-force with the worst case of food poisoning on the planet just after I hung up the phone. That spilled into Monday, where I laid in bed all day and begged my DH to just put me out of my misery. It was that bad. He, of course, said no, he wouldn’t slit my wrists for me (as I had no energy to do it myself), because that would leave him alone with the three Gremlins. And he wasn’t doing the single parenting thing alone just because I ate some bad fish. Men. They never do what you want them to do.

Aside from getting well, I’ve been dealing with conference “stuff”. Stuff like…oh, trying to find a room in Dallas. The conference hotel filled up nearly three weeks ago (don’t even get me started on how stupid that is. I’m pretty sure it didn’t fill up until some time in April or May last year. Does early March strike anyone else as excessively early?!). Seems like every other hotel in downtown Dallas is also filling up unusually fast. I’ve been checking airfare, finding out which of my chapter mates are really going to Dallas after all. Did I mention it’s spring break here and my Gremlins are all home? Oh, and that DH had a procedure on his back yesterday so he’s home too? Yes, lots going on.

I also got my GH “official” packet in the mail yesterday. Complete with my little gold heart pin. To which my mother (who was here at the time) looked at it and said, “Hm. It’s not real gold.” (That’s me just shaking my head). Of course, I bit my tongue because since I wasn’t planning on going to Dallas this year and now am, I need her to babysit during the day while DH is working. So yesterday I was trying to butter her up for that. And do you know what the woman did? She got smart. Resorted to blackmail. I think her exact words were, “Okay, I’ll babysit for you if you finally let me read this book. No book. No babysitting.” Argh…I have hedged this whole mother-reading-my-book thing for quite some time, but now I think I’m really stuck. Crap. I have to print it for her now!

In addition to all the conference stuff (and mother stuff), I have to get a picture turned in to RWA by Monday April 9th. Which means I have to get my hair done (hate going to do that) sooner than I’d wanted. And I have to find someone who has patience to take my photo. (I really hate having my photo taken.) Because I am the photographer in the family, there are no recent photos of me. I may have to take Piper up on her suggestion to come take my picture.

All grumbling aside, I really have to say I’ve been so amazed at the number of people who have mentioned my finaling in their blogs or who sent me personal congrats emails. Each and every one of your comments meant so much to me. And a big, huge, special thank you to my wonderful CP, Joan, who revamped the home page of my website to include news of my 2007 GH Final. J, you truly are da bomb. I love you!

Okay…I’ll stop rambling now. I obviously need more coffee. Hope your day is well.

One comment to “The Day(s) After”

  1. conference venue
    March 31st, 2013 at 12:04 pm · Link

    This is the right web site for everyone who really wants
    to find out about this topic. You realize a whole lot its almost
    hard to argue with you (not that I actually would want to…HaHa).
    You definitely put a brand new spin on a subject that has been written about for a long time.

    Wonderful stuff, just wonderful!

Comments are closed.