I’m back from Nationals. I had a blast, and now I’m recovering.
Since I blogged about my Top 10 Conference Moments at Romance Worth Killing For today, I thought I’d do the top 10 things I learned at conference here. So without further adieu…
Top 10 Things I Learned at Nationals
10. If you wear a red dress with white polka dots, your roommates will offer to buy you ears and call you Minnie Mouse. (Nice, huh?)
9. It rains in Texas. A lot. Who knew?
8. Agents who tell you they want to hear elevator pitches really don’t want to hear elevator pitches. (And some of them are just down right strange.)
7. I can embarrass myself in any situation.
6. Thanks to a writer friend who shall remain nameless, I now know what a swinger’s club is really like. (You know who you are. wink, wink)
5. Writers get really psyched up over the awards ceremony. Even writers who aren’t up for any awards. Go figure.
4. The best way to get a bed to yourself when you’re sharing a room is to be sick.
3. I talk in my sleep. And I say very strange things.
2. My kids can live without me. My hubby and my mother, however, are a complete different story.
And the number one thing I learned at Nationals…
1. No matter how much your roomies tell you they love you, they will not treat you like the princess you really are. Now, I must ask, what’s up with that????
I’d love to hear the top ten things you learned at conference. Or if you didn’t go, what you did for fun while I was gone.