Okay, I’m throwing this out there. Blame Joan for talking me into a mini-writing challenge last night.
I agreed to writing 1000 words a day for 100 days. Which would technically give me a 100,000-word manuscript in roughly 3 1/3 months. Of course, I’m not starting anything new, and I’m not going to try to finish a new book. I am, however, going to work on several different things and spread my 100,000-words out over a variety of projects.
So, between now and the middle of December, I’m going to:
1. Finish DTM. I have 8 scenes to go. Polish it and get it off to my agent.
2. Incorporate CP edits into BTS. Polish one more time and send off to my agent.
3. Finish proposal for V (polish first three chapters and write dreaded synopsis). Send to agent.
And while doing all that polishing, I still need to get my 1000-words a day in on the following projects:
4. Write proposal for Marked (working title).
5. Write proposal for Proof Positive (working title).
That’s it. Between now and Christmas (basically), I want to send two full ms’s to my agent and three proposals. Then I’ll decide which proposal I’m going to zoom in on and finish.
What are your goals for the rest of 2007?