Please help me welcome Shelli Stevens!!
1) What kind of books do you love to read and how do those stories impact your own writing?I love all genres. I especially love medieval romance novels and most historicals (except I confess to not being a big regency fan). I also enjoy futuristic and romantic suspense, heavier on the romance.
2) What are you working on presently? What about upcoming releases?
I’m currently working on several proposals that have just gone out! They range from futuristic to paranormal (all hot!). As for what’s coming out soon, well Take Me just released from Kensington Aphrodisia, and at the end of the month I’m in the Sexy Beast VII anthology with Kate Douglas and Anitra Lynn Mcleod. I also have the second book Luck be Delanie coming out from Samhain in my Chances Are series. Busy release schedule!
3) What’s the best compliment you ever got on your writing or book(s)? You write like a girl. Ha, no just kidding. But that would be great. I love getting compliments from other authors (that’s a huge one!), and I love it when someone emails me to say they read my book straight through. Couldn’t put it down. Or burned dinner or something. Seriously, anytime I get a compliment I’m all giddy and excited. It means someone enjoyed my writing and you just can’t beat that.
4) What’s your writing schedule like?
I tend to write mostly when the kid is asleep, because she’s not old enough to be in school all day, so she’s hanging around with me.
5) If you could be one character from any book you’ve read or written who would it be and why?
Oh gosh, who’d I be. Hmmmm. I think I’d be Maddie from Gemma Halliday’s book Spying in High Heels. She’s a riot and has the yummiest cop love interest.
Today Shelli’s giving away a copy of TAKE ME to one lucky commenter. To be entered into the drawing, simply answer this question (taken from one of Shelli’s reviews)…
When was the last time you were “breathless”?